7 Erie Canal
Our Lockmasters depart from Mid-Lakes Marina in the town of Macedon near Rochester. From this location on the western Erie Canal, you can travel all the way west to North Tonawanda or east to the Oswego and Cayuga-Seneca Canals and discover history, culture, new experiences and fun!
No experience? Don’t worry! The boats are simple and the canal system is boater-friendly. Our curteous and skilled crew will be ready to anwer any questions you may have on your journey.
Relax...We’ve planned thoughtfully and carefully so you can enjoy your vacation. If the unexpected should happen, we’re a phone call away.
- Calm waters with channel markers make canalling easy.
- Set your own pace.
- Each canal town has a unique personality.
- Make friends at farmer's markets, shops and taverns.
- The locks are fun; we'll show you the ropes.
- Visit museums, hike the tow path, fish, swim. Relax!
- Canal villages have public docks with shopping and dining.
- The locks are like parks with places to tie up.